
We landed safely in lllusiat following our sweeping air tour of Disko Bay. The staff of Hotel Arctic greeted us with open arms.
I
recognized the Hotel Manager from his photograph on their internet website—he drove the van and was delighted when I introduced Don and me as the couple that requested the Igloo Experience—obviously the BEST accommodation. Our room is reminiscent of a round Airstream and the view is spectacular. We proceeded to a barbeque dinner awaiting our group on the terrace and dined on barbeque chicken, halibut and cafish stuffed with shrmp, in addition to barbequed whale, musk ox, Dublin prawns and all the trimmins’. Best French Couvee was served along with French Chardonnay as well. I lamented to new friends about my phone’s limitations to connect to world ‘roaming’ as expected. Our new friend Don, from Lawrence Kansas told me to hang on and he would get his phone. His wife said that he thought his would work, and indeed it did. I called Parker from GREENLAND and let him know that I was looking at the iceburgs at 10pm and it was still daylight! I told him that Greenland has no trees, but I do have a rock to bring back to him from Greenland. I promised my Grandson that I will, someday, bring him to Greenland—on another EXCELLENT ADVENTURE!
Don went to sleep around 11pm and begged me to do the same. Beholding such beauty is so precious, I opted to update and write more about the adventure. As time passes I look out among the glory of nature as my jaw drops in ultimate awe. Sleep? Sleep? How can I sleep with such beauty beaconing out the door of our Igloo? It’s midnight and the sky is blue, the sea is still, and the ice bergs ominous, awesomely ominously reflecting in the SUNLIGHT AT MIDNIGHT!
4 Comments:
At 5:49 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hi,
Just writing to avoid doing my calculus homework. Hope you guys are having a blast on your trip and don't have too much fun. See ya when you get back!
~The Teenager =)
At 9:16 AM,
Anonymous said…
Does sound like the ultimate adventure! I'm jealous... Hope you continue to have a fantastic trip! Anke :)
At 1:15 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Don & Ginny,
I am becoming a faithful blog follower, living vicariously... I can't figure out the scale I'm looking at on the two scenic pictures on this post.. Were they both shot from the plane?
Robin (KP)
At 6:27 PM,
timberline1228 said…
Thanks for the phone call. It was great to hear from you! The photos are great. And the igloos look pretty modern. You've inspired Parker and Lance to blog. Please visit them @ http://www.mr-diary.blogspot.com/ and http://www.sir-lancelot.blogspot.com/. Thought it would be a good way to journal and keep family up-to-date in info/pics and such.
Catch ya again soon,
Julie
Post a Comment
<< Home